1. If you are thinking about selling your house moneywise.co.uk states that a house with poor kerb appeal can reduce the value of the property by 5%. This means keep your garden tidy and maintain your house by:-
· cleaning the gutters regularly
· ensuring you have no peeling paintwork
· checking there are no missing roof tiles or slates
· cleaning the windows regularly
And don’t forget to make sure your garage looks good and is maintained properly too.
2. A Nationwide report states that a house with a single garage can increase the value of the house by 11% and even more if it is a large or double garage. Of course, this must be a useable, well cared for garage.
3. If your garage is big enough to allow you to park your car in it, then you will save money on your car insurance.
4. If you are trying to sell your house, having a garage is likely to make it more desirable if a similar house along the road does not have one. If you own a family-sized home, then it is likely that any family looking for a new home will need a garage for children’s bikes and scooters etc.
5. Forgetting all the financial benefits, if you don’t use your garage for your car, then it provides secure storage for:-
· sports equipment
· garden tools eg lawn mower
· DIY tools such as ladders
· garden furniture
If you decided to convert your garage or knock it down where would you safely and securely store all your belongings?
Please give me a call or send me an email if you would like advice and a no obligation quote about repairing your current garage or if you are considering building a new one.
By Paul Mclean