- The garage should be at the rear of the dwelling (not forward of the front wall of the house).
- The height of the garage is not higher than 4 metres.
- Any part of the garage within 1 metre of the boundary cannot be higher than 2.5 metres.
- The height of the eaves is not higher than 3 metres.
- If you are in a conservation area or are close to a listed building, the garage cannot exceed 4 square metres.
Build a garage with a purpose
The type of garage you decide to have built should take into consideration what you will use it for. For example, if it is for your car (and let’s face it not many are nowadays) then ensuring that there is enough room to drive in and enter and leave the car is essential. Also, making sure that shelving etc. is a little away from the area around the car in case something was to fall from a shelf on top of the car.
Most people will use a garage to store their garden tools, DIY tools, kid’s bikes, outdoor toys. In this case the garage can be built with plenty of shelving, storage racks etc. With electricity sockets and lighting, the garage can become a very useful area for households.
Some people convert their garage into a gym. This is a great idea to increase the living space of your home without building a new extension.
Pent or Apex Roof?
The choice is really down to the customer. It is about how they want the garage to look and, of course, cost. We can fit both types of roofing for your garage and all will be non-asbestos fibre sheets so you can relax and not have to worry.
We partner with Lidget Compton who will provide a 10 year guarantee with every garage. Not every supplier will give you that. Here at Garage Roof Scotland we will remove your old garage and build the new foundations ready for the installation of your new garage. This can happen within days of us agreeing the work.
Get in touch now for a hassle free quote from one of Scotland’s leading garage building and roofing company or call Paul on 07932637646